Thursday 13 December 2012

Changes

I'm so tired but something has changed - tonight I decided to "treat" myself with a burger and chips from room service on a work trip, I reasoned that I could have the day off my diet and it would be ok. But sitting there with the menu the only things that were remotely appealing were the healthy options, eventually after losing the inner talk battle - I ordered grilled fish, tomatoes and steam vegies! Amazing!

I walked from the airport to the hotel despite being so tired, before it would have never occurred to me to walk the 20 mins at all. I checked my measurements a few weeks ago - 65 cms lost, 22 kgs and 8 dress sizes, I am getting used to only getting a month or two out of a pair of pants, not because I get bigger but smaller. I am getting gasps from those that haven't seen me for a long time. There have been a lot of changes.

Usually about this stage of weight loss, I pat myself on the back, bask in the compliments am excited about being a size 14 again and relax, allow myself some treats and slowly slip into bad habits - this time I think I have really changed. I am proud of my achievements but know that it is not time to rest of my laurels, in fact there will be never be a time. I am a ex-smoker and know that I will never have another cigarette and an ex-emotional eater - I still have my weaker moments but on the whole I make unconscious healthy choices and exercise moderation in all things except exercise.

It is the silly season but I am still focused on the goal, the changes are good and I think they just might be here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment