Thursday 16 May 2013

30 kgs down!

Pretty excited, last night realised I was 0.4 kg off losing 30kg, I jumped on the scales this morning and weighed in at 87.1 kg - that's 30.4 kg gone from my starting weight! Incredible, something like that seemed unattainable 18 months ago. I am proud of myself and also acutely aware that this isn't something I have done on my own, I had my awesome weight watchers leader and group initially, lots of inspiring stories from my friends and those in magazines and online to spur me on, the support of the 12wbt program to get me out of the funk that I was in after losing the first 13 kg. Mostly though it is my awesome husband support of the whole thing - sure he might still bring home KFC for him and the kids but he has been there the whole way cheering me on and pointing out that eating that icecream isn't really going to help me achieve my goals. He hates doing the dishes but will do them on gym night to make sure I don't put off heading to the gym, he puts up with meals that really don't excite him without much complaint and puts my working out as a top priority on weekends. But mostly, he is really proud of me and loves me - he always has been proud of me, no matter what size I am and that is what helps the most, his love helps me, love me and be proud of who I am and how hard I have worked through the challenges to get to this point.

I will have to go look up what I had put as a 30 kg reward... possibly nothing as I would've thought that was a long way down the track at the time. My goal for this 12wbt is to get under 80 kgs - then I'll only have 15 kgs until goal. Seems pretty achievable now.

I have some things to work on - particularly getting to be early, seems to be a bit of a challenge for me and just getting on with my workouts, I don't skip them but I do still procrastinate them at times. Looking forward to ticking off my goals going forward and getting more sleep! 

Thank you - to all those who have supported and inspired me during this journey. I am now inspiring others and that is an added bonus and truly humbling, seriously if I could do it, anyone can!

2 comments:

  1. Great work Rose, you can do it!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather - just checked out your blog, amazing times there!

    ReplyDelete