Saturday 4 May 2013

Another 12 weeks and

A few achievements and a few lessons learnt (I hope!)

  • Weight loss 4.6 kgs - up and down, best loss was 3.5 kgs in the one week, when I followed the program without a single bite over and did all my exercise... fancy that the program worked
  • Learning to stop mindless eating - chewing gum when struggling has really helped
  • Cutting down the milk in my coffee to a long black with a dash
  • Going to bed a lot earlier most of the time
  • Running 4 kms in under 30 mins
  • Cms lost...34 cms - woah! Obviously swapped some fat for muscle.
  • Time trial - must do!
  • I don't lose weight if I don't track - obviously tracking in my head doesn't work, weeks I track I lose, fancy that!
  • For me abstaining is key, I am still an all or nothing girl, but nothing tastes as good as skinny feels so I am ok with that, I don't feel deprived in fact I just feel like crap after eating crap
  • Hubby is on board with not eating crap around me, I guess it is like drinking around a recovering alcoholic, not a necessary test of will power.
  • I need to remain focused, having lost X amount of kgs does not make me an expert on what I am doing, things will change and challenges will need to be overcome
  • I need to work on social settings - leaving half a plate of food is not easy for me.
  • I had to put back some size 14s and buy a 12... first time in maybe 10 years?
  • I stopped chickening out on some of the tougher workouts and really pushed myself at the gym
 I'm pleased there is a week's break between the rounds this time, time for me to focus on the next rounds pre-season tasks properly rather than rushing into it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I really enjoyed reading this post, good on you for what you have been able to achieve - especially the things you learnt about yourself. I too am an all or nothing type personality, to the point that if I don't eat healthy food I don't think it worthwhile going to the gym! Dumb hey. But I'm going to aim to work on a lot of that this round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sheridan, I don't know why we do that to ourselves, our own worst enemies at times! Good luck with the round, I am working on not snacking and getting to bed earlier - not rocket science but still a pretty big challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete